Día de los Muertos observances continued this weekend, teeing up the standard dates Nov. 1 and a pair of. On Saturday, mariachis added energetic music to a celebration at Greenwood Memorial Park in Mountain View.
Altar and grave adorning, face portray and lowrider shows had been ongoing actions in cemeteries, parks and communities.
Día de los Muertos (Day of the Useless) observes All Saints Day and All Souls Day throughout which individuals honor trustworthy Christians seen as saints and the next day members of the family and pals who’ve died.
Native occasions for Nov. 1 and a pair of:
- Camino de las Almas, in Mid Metropolis, at 4 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 1, with face portray, mariachis and a procession down El Cajon Boulevard.
- The twenty eighth annual Día de los Muertos pageant on the California Heart for the Arts Museum, 340 N. Escondido Blvd., is from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. Nov. 1 with dwell music, performances by Ballet Folklórico and Aztec Dance and neighborhood altars.
- The annual Día de los Muertos Neighborhood Celebration in Imperial Seaside is from 3:30 p.m. 6 p.m. Nov. 2 at Veterans Park, 1075 Eighth St. Actions embody a neighborhood altar, mariachi music, ballet folklórico and actions for teenagers.
- Día de los Muertos candlelight procession in Sherman Heights is from 5 to 10 p.m. Nov. 2. You possibly can be a part of the procession from both the Centro Cultural de la Raza, 2004 Park Blvd., or Sherman Heights Neighborhood Heart, 2258 Island Ave.
- Previous City San Diego will host its sunset 6 p.m. Nov. 2 candlelight procession alongside San Diego Avenue from Immaculate Conception Church at 2540 San Diego Ave., ending at El Campo Santo Cemetery.
- The California Heart for the Arts in Escondido on Nov. 1 will function altars, dance performances by Ballet folklórico and Aztec Dance, meals vehicles, a vendor market, a Catrina contest, household pleasant crafts, a lowrider automotive present, a Frida Kahlo museum exhibition and face portray.
- SeaWorld San Diego will exhibit massive, fantastically dressed Catrina statues and ofrendas (choices).