A fireplace, presumably began by an e-bike being charged within the storage of a three-story condominium within the Serra Mesa neighborhood of San Diego, induced an estimated $50,000 in harm Wednesday, the San Diego Hearth- Rescue Division mentioned.
The fireplace was reported at 7:15 a.m. Wednesday. Crews arrived at 7:21 a.m. to seek out the blaze within the condominium’s storage within the 2100 block of Fenton Parkway, in line with a San Diego hearth on-line log.
Officers estimate the harm to the construction was as much as $25,000, with one other $25,000 in harm to the contents.
The fireplace was unintended, officers mentioned.
“It began within the neighborhood of the place an e-bike was charging however we will’t definitively say that the fireplace was attributable to the battery,” the log reported.
A Hazmat workforce was eradicating lithium-ion batteries that had been broken within the hearth.
–Metropolis Information Service